”Marantz's affordable amp retains its lead for yet another year.” ’What Hi-Fi?’ 2023 award-winner.
Following a secession of award-winning 6-series amplifiers, the Marantz PM6007 doesn’t disappoint. Just like its predecessors, the PM6007 matches smooth, powerful sound with first-rate system flexibility – letting you connect all your digital and analogue components.
Class-leading sound – made better
With a new output and DAC (Digital to Analogue Convertor), the PM6007 sounds better than ever. Designed for lower distortion and a faster, cleaner sound, the latest Marantz amp features Marantz’s bespoke HDAM-SA3 technology. HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) circuits replace basic op-amps, massively outperforming them. They promote lower noise for a more precise, detailed and dynamic sound – meaning you get to hear your music just as the artist intended.
The power to perform
Fed by a toroidal power transformer, Shottky barrier diodes provide a high current supply. This means you get effortless power and punchy dynamics. Whether you’re into Classical, stadium rock, dance or movie soundtracks, the PM6007 easily delivers an immersive, room-filling sound.
Digital inputs with selectable filter
Twin opticals join a coaxial input, giving you a total of three digital inputs – perfect for your CD/DVD player, streamer and TV. The new AK4490 DAC offers Hi-res compatibility – right up to 192 kHz/24bit. The PM6007 introduces new digital filters. Filters 1 and 2 tune the sound from digital components, giving enhanced depth or precision.
Connect your analogue sources – including turntable
It isn’t just the digital processing that’s been improved. A revised phono pre-amp uses technology from the PM700N model, lowering distortion and noise. The result is greater clarity from your vinyl, with a purer, less veiled sound. Four line level inputs and a recorder output complete the tally, giving you a grand total of eight audio inputs – easily enough for the most advanced systems.
New subwoofer output
Another new feature with the PM6007 amp is the dedicated subwoofer output. This lets you connect your choice of active subwoofer, for even more powerful sound. As before, there are two sets of, individually controlled speaker outputs, giving you the option of a set of speakers in another room.
With better sound and flexibility, the Marantz PM6007 is a centre of excellence for your entire system.
- Take your next step in Hi-Fi:The PM6007 integrated current feedback amplifier powers 2x 45W (8 ohms RMS, 20Hz – 20kHz) to offer a refined audio experience.
- Meticulously and masterfully tuned:During the extensive tuning process, Marantz sound masters carefully refine and curate each component for optimal performance.
- Wide range of connectivity:Experience Hi-Res audio files exactly as intended through the gold-plated inputs: 5 analogue inputs, one coaxial input and two optical digital inputs.
- An updated audio experience:The newly updated, high-quality DAC AK4490 offers a richer sound for your enjoyment.
- Digital filter modes for Optical/Coaxial input:Listen to a more refined audio experience to fit your taste with the new digital filter mode feature.
- Built to perform:In addition to high-quality speaker terminals with A/B switching capability, a fully-shielded DAC unit, and copper screws, the rigid feet provide a true-to-performance sound.
- Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA3 circuit:You will experience a wider dynamic range with lower distortion for the output stage.
- Advanced thermal compensation:No memory distortion for clean and precise audio reproduction even after powerful bass attacks.
- Customized components for a more refined sound:The Toroidal Transformer and high-quality, customized components deliver exceptional sound quality.
- Integrated phono input:Featuring a high-quality MM phono pre-amp with FET input to enjoy best signal purity and sound from your favourite vinyl.
- Deeper bass with a subwoofer output:Enjoy powerful bass by adding a subwoofer, companion bookshelf speakers or even further extend bass with the addition of floor standing speakers.